Reporting to the Supply Chain Superintendent/ Senior Supply Chain Co-Ordinator, the Contract Administrator is responsible for the tendering, negotiating, awarding and on-going administration of contracts for goods supply to the Company, in accordance with Company policies, procedures, standards and internal customer requirements.
- Ensure timely and effective preparation and evaluation of tenders, negotiation with tenderers, recommendations to internal customers and management for approvals (excluding government contracts).
- Ensure preparation of contract documentation, issuance of award of contracts and decline notices.
- Ensure general commercial administration and contract management, and contracts’ close out.
- Monitor and maintain effective contract supplier performance in terms of costs, quality, quantity, services, warranty and availability.
- Ensure all tender and contract documentation is up to date and filed in the appropriate electronic register/SharePoint and hard copy filing system.
- Review contracts, advise and make recommendation about contracts’ legal aspects to the best interest of the site.
- Assist to interpret legislation, government standards and agreements.
- Advise on the implementation of new contracts.
- Assist the Supply Chain Superintendent and Senior Supply Chain Co-Ordinator in defining and leading contract strategy through tendering, award, monitoring and close out for Services, Supplies, and Construction contracts.
- Administer the contracts process from the need to the contract signature through DocuSign approval with the applicable departments.
- Be the single point of contact between the contract owner’s team, Supply Chain team and the contractors or suppliers.
- Establish efficient evaluation of the tender responses from suppliers.
- Lead negotiations with contractors and suppliers.
- Provide post-contract execution support to teams including assistance with vendor dispute resolution, performance management, incentives, liquidated damages penalty provisions, contract extensions, change orders, and terminations.
- Co-ordinate and conduct vendor kick-off meetings and contract closeouts.
- Develop and maintain applicable KPI’s related to vendor performance and cost savings initiatives.
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration.
- Ensure contractor’s work, reporting, scheduling, progressing payments are performed in accordance with contract requirements.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum Master or Bac+5 in Contract Law, Supply Chain Management, Business or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Contracts Administration operations role in a remote mining environment
- Reputation for integrity and ethics
- French / English language skills essential
- Advanced computer literacy, good working experience with MS Office package
- Experience in ERP systems.